Health Care Aide Certificate Program Description
Students of ABM College's Health Care Aide Certification program will obtain skills in the basics of human anatomy, medical terminology, chronic conditions, palliative care, and much more. This intensive program provides academic health care knowledge in five months and includes practical experience through a practicum experience.
Health Care Aide graduates pursue careers in a variety of clinical and care settings and work with elderly patients, patients with mental health issues, dementia, and patients with special needs. Working environments for Health Care Aides encompass a wide variety of settings including home care, hospitals, auxiliary hospitals, nursing homes, long term care, and group homes.
To give ABM College Health Care Aide graduates an upper hand in the industry, we provide students with the following additional certifications:
- Point Click and Documentation
- It's Your Move
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Advanced Medication
- Foot Care
- Food Safety - Nationally Accredited (valid for 5 years)
- Alzheimer's Best Friends Seminar
- Palliative Care
- Supportive Pathways by Carewest
- Home care agencies
- Group homes/assisted living facilities
- Continuing and long term care facilities
- Government social service department
Is a Rewarding Career in Healthcare Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Healthcare Career Training Readiness score now!
ABM College Student Voice
- Grade 11, 20-2 level English course, with a minimum score of 60% achieved or Canadian jurisdiction equivalent; or
- English 20-1 with a minimum of 60% achieved or Canadian jurisdiction equivalent; or
- English 30-1 or 30-2 with a minium of 55% or Canadian jurisdiction equivalent; or
- Basic knowledge of computer and technology tools
- If you are an ESL (English is a Second Language) speaker and have not completed highschool in Canada, please downloand and read the detailed requirement document.
- For Detailed Health Care Aide Program Entry Requirements (click here)
Who Should Enrol?
Health Care Aides enjoy working with patients/clients who need extra care and attention. They are flexible in terms of timing and responsibilities and must have excellent communication skills in order to develop effective relationships with patients and co-workers. They are prepared to work evenings, nights, and weekends, and additional hours.If this sounds like you, Health Care Aide could be the program for you!
For further information about our Health Care Aide program please contact an ABM College admissions counsellor.
Course Description: The module will help students fully understand the duties and responsibilities of a Health Care Aide and develop the skills needed to safely to their job.
Course Description: Students will learn how to communicate effectively with patients and how to develop supportive relationships with their families.
Course Description: This sections helps students to understand the functions of the human body. It focuses on the anatomy and the illnesses that can occur.
Course Description: Students will learn how to provide patient care and how perform maintenance and home management tasks efficiently
Course Description: This module helps students learn what complex needs are and how to care for patients with these needs.
Course Description: Students will learn the methods of safely administering medications for patient of various needs and chronic illness.
Course Description: Students will learn the various activities that patients of different illnesses can do and how to plan for these activities to safely occur.
Course Description:This sections is designed for students to gain work experience working as a Health Care Aide.
Course Description: This module helps students learn how to look for jobs and apply to them to maximize success.
Want More Information?
Call Us Now
Or Get an Information Kit Down Below
– Carol Brown