Program Admission Requirements
**All students must meet the admission requirements for the program to which they are applying before admission is granted. International students applying for any ABM College program must meet the individual program admission criteria, in addition to our international student qualifications, before being accepted for admission.**
International Student Qualifications
- A qualified international student is not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- All international students must obtain a valid Student Visa from the government of Canada.
- Students must have a minimum of a secondary school graduate or Grade 12 equivalent level of education.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age prior to applying.
Student Visa Qualification
It is important for international students to apply early, as Student Visas may take several months to obtain. Once you receive your official Letter of Acceptance from ABM College, you may apply for a Student Visa with the Canadian government. To obtain your Student Visa and/or your Temporary Resident Visa, you must visit the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate. For further information, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Valid passport
- Completed ABM College Application Form
- Attested copy of academic transcripts (from secondary school onwards)
- Two copies of a recent photo (passport size and format)
- Valid English Language test score
- All applicants must provide proof of language ability in English. You must provide ABM College with a copy of your official test results designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. See more information on CIC-approved language testing.
- Unless specifically stated in the program admission requirements, the applicant will need to meet the minimum English Proficiency Requirement. English test score is only valid for the maximum of 1 year. Below are the acceptable evidence for ELP:
- IELTS Academic total band score 6.0
- CLBA 7 in each Strand
- TOEFL Internet-based test score 70 (overall score) PBT:560
- CAEL score of 60
- Pearson Academic (PTE) of 54
Please refer to equivalency test charts provided by the CIC for most updated information. Transcript and educational credential equivalencies may be required to undergo assessment through International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) or World Education Services (WES).
Check processing time for Student Visa applications (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
Cancelling Your Application
Please notify the ABM College Registrar if you wish to cancel your pending application. If you cancel your application after you have accepted an offer of admission, your application fees become non-refundable. If tuition fees are paid before the actual class started, tuition fees are eligible for refund. For full details about tuition fees, procedures, payments, refunds and more, please refer to our Tuition Policy.