- A qualified international student is not a Canadian Citizen, or Permanent Resident.
All international students must obtain a Student Visa for a program that is more than six months.
- At least a High School Graduate equivalent to Grade 12 level of education.
- Must be at least 18 year old above.
Studying 6 months or longer in Canada:
Once you receive your official Letter of Acceptance from ABM College, you must apply for a Student Visa.
To obtain your Student Visa and/or your Temporary Resident Visa, you must visit the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate.
For further information, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Check processing time for Student Visa applications (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
General Admission Requirements
International students must meet the admission requirements for the program to which they are applying before admission is granted.
It is important for international students to apply early as Student Visas may take several months to obtain.
- Valid Passport
- Application form
- Attested Copy of the Academic Transcripts (High school onwards)
- Two recent passport size pictures
- Valid English Language Test Score
- All applicants must provide proof of language ability in English. You must give us official test results designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. See more information on language testing.
- Unless specifically stated in the program admission requirement, the applicant will need to meet the minimum English Proficiency Requirement. English test score is only valid for the maximum of 1 year. Below are the acceptable evidence for ELP:
- IELTS Academic total band score 6.0
- CLBA 7 in each Strand
- TOEFL Internet-based test score 70 (overall score) PBT:560
- CAEL score of 60
- Pearson Academic (PTE) of 54 Please refer to equivalency test charts provided by the CIC for most updated information.
Students applying for all programs must meet the below individual program criteria. Transcript and educational credential equivalencies may be required to undergo assessment through International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) or World Education Services (WES).
Cancelling Your Application
Please notify the Registrar if you wish to cancel your pending application. If you cancel your application after you have accepted ABM College’s offer of admission application fees is non-refundable. If tuition fee paid before the actual class started, all the tuition fee will be refundable.
Refunds must be initiated within 30 days of withdrawal. The Financial form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
Tuition, fees, and refunds are assessed in accordance with the College’s fee schedule, refund policies and Alberta Student Contract of Private Career College Branch of Ministry of Advance Education Alberta.
The Tuition Refunds section of the Private Career Colleges Branch’s website located at https://www.alberta.ca/tuition-refunds.aspx is as follows:
ABM College understand that the Institution may charge the candidate a registration fee of up to $500, which it must credit toward the candidates unpaid tuition fees (Section 14 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The Institution may retain this fee if I do not attend the Program unless:
- The candidate terminate this contract within four business days of signing it (Section 15 of the
Private Vocational Training Regulation.
- The Institution terminates this contract before the Program begins (Section 16(2)
(a) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
- The Program does not begin by the start date in Part C of this contract and the candidates choice to terminate this contract as a result (Section 16(2)(b) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
The candidate understands that the school cannot require or accept payment of the registration fee until the candidate has signed this student contract and cannot accept payment of any other tuition or any incidental fees before the candidates Program begins (Section 14(2) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
The candidate understand that if this contract is terminated after the Program begins, the Institution is
entitled to the payment of tuition fees as outlined in Section 17 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation, which is as follows:
- 25% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if
- 10% or less of the Program is provided
- 60% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if
more than 10% but less than 50% of the Program is provided
- 100% if more than 50% of the Program is provided.
The candidate must understand that if he/she paid more tuition than the Institution is entitled to under Section 17(1), the Institution must refund the candidate the difference. The candidate must understand that any refund that the Institution is required to pay will be paid to the source of payment for my tuition fees (i.e. the student, Government, agency, or person other than the student) and/or to any outstanding student loan where applicable (Section 21 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The candidate must understand that the Institution may withhold the candidates credential if the candidate does not pay the fee in full at the time of graduation.
- Students are required to pay a registration fee of $500 at the time of signing the Student Contract.
- Students are required to pay the tuition fee in full on the first day of the start of the program.
ABM College offers Flexible Payment Plan upon request. Keep in mind that the students in Flexible payment should still follow the standard presented by Alberta Student Contract of Private Career College Branch of Ministry of Advance Education Alberta, specifically stated on Section 17, on the signed student contract.
Post Graduate Work Permit
Students of Private Carrier Colleges are not eligible for post graduate work permit.