Retrieved from:

If they meet eligibility requirements, international students may be able to work off / on campus without a work permit for up to:

  • 20 hours a week during regular academic session
  • full-time during regularly scheduled breaks

Learn more about eligibility requirements:

International students enrolled in the following programs are not eligible to work with a study permit:

  • language programs (such as English or French as a Second Language) as designated institutions
  • academic upgrading coursework (such as secondary education equivalency)
  • coursework that does not lead to a certificate, diploma or degree
  • academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate, and that it less than 6 months long